Group Project Overview

A major component of this course is our group projects. Over the past several months, we’ve worked with numerous companies and contacts to plan for a project that provides an authentic and useful experience for all participants. I decided to make this a group project since I believe it is challenging and feasible only if we work as teams. For groups to work effectively, I have built-in weekly forum updates and teamwork dynamics checks. The goal is not to monitor you, but to help groups take full advantage of the ideas, experience, and resources each member brings.

The goal of these projects is to dig into a topic and address a biological question with the use of high-throughput approaches. The format is a JoVE.com publication and we will use their template. While we can’t use the robot, we have prepared as best we can scripts using available commercial kits. You will have to read the protocol and describe the steps required to set up a robot to perform these assays. You will have to consider the reagents, equipment, quality control steps, and possible limitations/challenges. In the coming days, I will share GoogleDrive folders with the team and a template for you to begin working on this project next week. Begin contacting your group members.

I believe in you, and I am excited to see what you create so that we can share it with JoVE and on the course website.

CG

Guidelines: ~15 min read

Video: https://youtu.be/m9k6zdWpuME(opens in new window) (12:43 min)