Let’s start our journey: Modules 0 and 1.

I often enjoyed listening to a ‘good’ mix of music and podcasts. Our course will take advantage of the portability of mp3s so that you can listen to the module overview and lecture before analyzing the slides, videos, and data. The ‘mixtapes’ are not meant to be substitutes, but mobile-friendly resources you can listen to as you prepare to dig into complex topics. I have intentionally designed the course to use Top Hat questions, YouTube videos, and a WordPress site that are mobile-friendly. Nevertheless, you can access all materials via our Moodle site.

I am excited to get to know each of you in this course. Our goal is to think deeply about the applications and possibilities of High-throughput approaches. How can we leverage technologies and think critically about experimental design to propel discovery?

This week I want you to complete Module 0 to get acquainted with the course goals, structure, and assignments and Module 1: What is high-throughput discover

Later this week, I will share guidelines for our group projects and BIT 579 proposals.

Listen to this recording to get ready for the course and Top Hat discussions.

CG

BIT 479/579 High-throughput Discovery Mix Tape 1
Cassette tape and link to audio recording for the session.

Mix Tape 1 mp3

Mix Tape 1 transcript

Music: Don’t Feel (So Low) and Four Corners {103 & 4/4} by Mid-Air Machine are licensed under an Attribution-ShareAlike License and used as intros and outros for the videos and podcast.