Course Structure: Wrapping up by sharing examples!

I am guilty: I have designed BIT modules that end with several projects and major assignments due on the last week of the course. I thought about this a lot after the spring offering of this course when we were doing remote teaching for the first time.

This fall, Module 6 was designed to provide time to incorporate edits to the group projects and gather your thoughts and resources for your portfolios. While we still had several instructional materials (webinar, case study, questions), I was excited to see how groups were working on their projects and steadily incorporating feedback.

The goal for next week is to ask: what have we learned? By reflecting and retrieving knowledge through specific concrete examples, you are exercising two critical concepts in learning science: retrieval practice and concrete examples. See the link below for other tips and strategies:

https://www.learningscientists.org/downloadable-materials (opens in new window)

I encourage you to put away your notes, remember what you learned, and explain concrete examples next week and learn from what others have taken away from our experience together.

Have a great weekend!

CG

Reflect and Share Examples.